Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Remix: My Travel Makeup Bag

The Remix: Shaking Up Routines and the Usuals.
Hey Guys!

So today, I wanted to share with you what goes in my travel makeup bag. This is what I'll take this weekend when I go up to Massanutten. This is also the bag that I leave in my boyfriend's house. I used to pack a bag with me every time I know we'll be staying there for a couple of days. I could never just leave things there cos I have attachment issues and I didn't want to find myself needing a certain product when I'm at home and realize that I decided to leave it at the boy's house. Recently though, I finally had the time to really choose and pick things that are great enough to be trusted to be all I have for a weekend but also basic enough that I would have something comparable at home that I wouldn't miss them.

Here are the picks!


ELF Mineral Infused Primer in Clear: This is a pretty basic silicone based primer that I like to use to fill in my pores to make my skin texture smoother.

Missha BB Cream: I don't have a lot of base type products so I was glad I had a few samples to choose from. I got this Missha BB Cream from an Ipsy bag. You can read more about my thoughts on this BB cream here

Lorac Pro To Go Palette: This has all the basic shadows, highlighter, a peach blush, a pink blush and a bronzer. I can do a simple day look with those gorgeous browns and that matte black shadow would also be great to smoke out a look to make it night time appropriate.

Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Foundation in Medium: I threw this in to use to set the BB cream if needed and also to use if I wanted more coverage. I really like this cos it also brightens my face without being too heavy and feeling like I have too much product on my face.

Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette in Hidden Agenda - 07: This concealer palette has a lighter shade to brighten my under eye area, a shade for blemishes and to neutralize slight discolorations and also a green toned shade to cover up any redness. It also has a setting powder that can go on top of any of the concealers.

Benefit They're Real Mascara: I have a few deluxe sizes of this so it was perfect for the bag. This mascara has so much hype around it so I think I expected too much. It didn't blow me away but I still really like it to lengthen my lashes. It looks very natural and it doesn't weigh down my eyes.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: I decided to also throw this in for a more volumizing option. I really liked this the first time I used it but the more air that got in the tube, the clumpier it gets. I have to be really careful when I use this mascara so I don't get super spidery lashes.

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown: Hands down, my favorite brow product. You can read more about it in my Best of 2014 post.

ELF Wet Gel Lash and Brow Clear Mascara: I have super fluffy brow hair, it's ridiculous. I always need to apply brow gel and this is a great one! It's thick enough to hold down all my brow hair but also dries fairly quickly and lasts all day. It's also very light weight. At a dollar a piece, I have back ups of my back ups of this product.

Elizabeth Mott Pencil in Pearl: This is a champagne shade that I use to line my eyes to brighten and to give a more awake appearance.

Elizabeth Arden Lip Pencil in Crimson: This is just a basic, my-lips-but-better shade. I've been really liking lining my lips lately cos I don't really retouch makeup during the day and this just makes my lip color last longer.

ELF Moisturizing Lipstick in Ravishing Rose: Also another basic, my-lips-but-better (and a little deeper) shade.

NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray: I really like using setting sprays for days when I need my makeup to stay put longer. My favorite is the Urban Decay All Nighter that I also wrote about here. This one from Nyx is also a good one but I find that it's too mattifying for my combination-dry skin. If you have oily skin, I think you'll really like this one.

As for tools, I have...

It Brushes for Ulta Your Face and Eyes Essentials Travel Set: This set contains a complexion brush, crease brush, shadow brush, smudge brush and a liner/ brow brush.

Bundle Monster Face Brush: This is from a set I got and it's just a basic face brush. I don't like using the same brush for my blush and bronzer so I wanted to throw another brush in.

Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush: For applying the BB cream on days when I don't feel like using my hands. I would probably get a Real Techniques sponge because that's my favorite way to apply my base but this one's great if you'd rather use a brush.

Eyebrow Razor Blade: Got this one from the Asian Market and I just keep it for brow shaving emergencies. Ha.

There you go. How about you, what products do you trust to take on travel? I would love to hear your recommendations!

Happy Saturday!




1 comment:

  1. I really want that lorac to go palette! I also love my new tarte park ave princess palette as an on the go contour/blush kit!

    ReplyDelete