Friday, February 15, 2013

Closet Organization: Cheap DIY Boot Fillers

I'm pretty sure it's not just me having problems with my boots not standing up. It's annoying because a) It is not cute to look at AT ALL, and b) My boots loses it's form. 


I have this weirdly organized room where my "closet" is not really a closet. Everything's exposed. Most of my clothes are on hangers and then I have a bunch of folded up items and then right below are my shoes. For the most part, I like it cos I can see all my clothes when I'm in bed. I like envisioning outfits before I sleep. 

This closet is right by the door so often times, if my boots are just slumped on the floor, it gets caught under the door and it gets pretty annoying. I feel like my boots always end up pushed around the floor.






I've looked at boot forms/ fillers online and they are not cheap. I'd rather save the money, thankyouverymuch. So here's an easy DIY solution that I did today.











I went to the dollar store and got 4 of these foam floater things.














I cut them up into 3parts (the 4 floaters were enough for 6 pairs of boots for me) You might need to adjust the cuts depending on your boot length. I used the longer ones for my thigh high boots





























Stuff them in and ta-daaaaa!!!  




Easy AND cheap. My kind of projects.
I think I'll buy myself new boots from all the money I saved. 

Laters,


7 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I was just looking online for boot storage because I hate that mine get all slumpy, but I'd rather spend like $4 instead of $40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheap, simple, and brilliant - my kind of DIY organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I just discovered your blog after you followed mine (thank you!), so I'm returning the favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! I don't know anyone who'd of thought of this. This is very resourceful of you (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I need to make these! great blog. I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I've also heard using empty rolls of paper towel works too!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes that makes them stand up, but I worry about room in the middle or sides for spiders or other bugs getting down in the toes!

    ReplyDelete