Monday, January 26, 2015

The Monday Post #3


**Inspired by one of my favorite blogs, I write The Monday Post, aiming to bring a little bit of beauty inspiration during almost everybody's least favorite day of the week.** 

Favorite Beauty Read: I literally found this article today (from one of my all time favorite blogs) about different tools to use to track your blog performance. Over the past few weeks, I've been working really hard to reshape my blog. I've seen increase in traffic little by little and I'm so excited to get more things running. If you're in the same journey, I think this will be very useful for you too! PS. If you have any more helpful articles about blogging that you want to share, please let me know! 

Goal: I'm having so much skin issues lately. My face has been especially dry and my breakouts are driving me crazy. I can't tell what's causing them. I don't wear makeup most of the time and lately, when I do, I've been switching base products to figure out what has been causing the flare ups. It doesn't seem to be coming from my makeup so now I'm thinking, skincare. I've been using a really, really old clarisonic brush and I have an inkling that might be it. I've stopped using that and want to send my skin into 'reset' mode so my goal for this week is to keep my skincare routine as basic as possible. I'm only washing my face with 1 gentle cleanser and only a moisturizer. Does anybody have any recommendations on a gentle moisturizer for super dry skin?

Product Discovery: I totally forgot that I purchased the ELF Poreless Face Primer in Clear. This one is white, looks and feels like a moisturizer as opposed to the Mineral Infused Face Primer which I also love, that is actually clear in appearance and heavily silicone based. Both items though, are great at smoothing my skin and filling in my pores.

Beauty Lust: My lust list has been very much driven by Instagram lately. My recent find has been this Purple Bambu Set by Bdellium. Ugh. How pretty are those? I've been looking into investing in a nice brush set and these might be what I've been looking for. Has anybody tried any of their brushes? Thoughts?

Most Looking Forward to:  Grey's Anatomy and Scandal are coming back this week. *insert high pitched scream here*

Are we insta-buddies yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment