Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trendy Thursday DIY: Kiss Me Smoking Slippers

I made it to week 2 of Trendy Thursday! Yay! 

If you missed week 1, I did a Lynn Ban inspired statement necklace here and I just HAVE to share this: 



replied and retweeted.

ME = STARSTRUCK. haha

Pretty great, huh? :)

And so moving on...

Smoking Slippers have been making the rounds in the fashion scene since fall last year and it's back for fall 2012! It's perfect for people like me who are always wearing flats. They come in so many designs!

Some of my favorites are these glittered ones by Jimmy Choo, cute printed ones by Betsey Johnson, and super spunky ones by Steve Madden.

While I was browsing through the Neiman Marcus website, I found these gorgeous pumps that I'm waaay too cheap for. I love the lips detail and it reminded me of this really fun bag that I've seen on one of my favorite fashion bloggers, Kryz Uy. Here and here

I rarely get to wear pumps but I knew I had to DIY this detail in some way so when I was thinking of ways to jazz up our trendy Thursday item, I knew this would be perfect.




All you need are:

(a) scissors, (b) marker, (c) scrap fabric (d) plain smoking slippers (e) adhesive

note: I used Jersey fabric because it's all I have at home  it goes well with the texture of my slippers (that I found at Wal Mart for $14.99) but I bet leather would also work well. You can also use e6000 to glue on your fabric, I just had some cloth adhesive lying around so I used it.

Steps:



Let dry... and done!



So simple but so fab! I don't know about you but I tend to dress in monotone and neutral outfits during the fall season so these would be great to add a pop to my usual get ups. 

What do you think?

I hope you enjoy this edition of Trendy Thursday. Please let me know if you have questions or if you try out this project, I would love to see what you did! 

See you at week 3 of Trendy Thursday! :)

<3,
Mary
Thirty Handmade Days

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I like yours better! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... thank you! And thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read! I like the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete