Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I'll Take The Ghosts, You Take The Spiders

I won't say I'm scared of lots of things. As I said in my previous post, I'm a trier. I would try things. Heights? I'd get very nervous but okay. Roller coasters? I'd freak out a little but okay. Ghosts? Meh. I believe in them and sure, they're creepy but I believe that if I respect them, they'd respect me.

Today's topic for Blog Every Day In May challenge is The thing(s) you're most afraid of. 

You know what scares the crap out of me? Spiders. I don't mind other bugs. I grew up in a country where cockroaches [and rats] are normal everyday (well, okay, almost every day) sights. But spiders? No, thank you. Especially not the big black tarantula, bigger than your face looking ones. Ya know? They're too fast and they stand there, staring at you. Mocking you. Like, whatchugonnadonow gurl? UUUUUUGGGGGGGH. I can handle many things. Just not spiders.

And you know what else? I kind of have Trypophobia. You want a crash lesson about what that is? It's this....

Well actually, in the interest of making my blog safe to the eyes, let me just give you this link. Check it out.

Did you feel that? Did you feel the hair on your neck stand in panic? No? Well, then, good for you. You don't have it.

Weirdly enough though, I get butterflies when I look at it but I can't seem to stop looking. So maybe I'm not really scared of them. They're just gross but I'm fascinated. Hmmm.. the wonders of me.

On a deeper level though, if we talk about what scares me, there's two things:


 - Physical pain - I think my pain threshold is lower than most people but it's mostly because if I feel pain and I know that I can't explain it to anybody and that nobody else feels it, I panic. I just straight out freak out and drive myself into full panic. I'm scared of getting hurt. I'm not afraid to die but I'm afraid of feeling pain. Does that make sense? That's also why the worse ways for me to go when my time comes is to die of drowning or burning. 


 - Losing a member of my family - No explanations needed. I know it's really selfish of me to actually wish this but if somebody's gotta go, I better go first. I don't think I can able to handle losing any one of them. I've lost my grandpa and grandma and those were the most painful things I ever had to deal with. Losing my parents or any of my siblings? That would just be the worse thing in the whole world and that'll probably drive me crazy.


So yeah, that's it. Those are the things that get the better of me. Do you have any weird phobias? Do you want to talk about Trypophobia? Isn't it fascinating?





No comments:

Post a Comment