Monday, May 6, 2013

Does Anybody Really Ever Know What They're Doing?

First of all, let me just say thank you for the warm feedback I got from yesterday's post. It was truly emotional for me to publicly profess appreciation for my Uncle. It made it extra special that I got to share it with him and also with a lot of people that we knew in common. :)

Anyhooo, Today's prompt is: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

Now, I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you what I do without actually just telling you my job title OR tell you who I am in terms of what I do with my life. Hmmmm.... tricky.

Let's do both things, shall we?

The first one's easy. I love what I do.


I touch children's lives. I have the power to tell them anything I want. My powers are ENORMOUS. If I wanted to, I can make your kid believe in all the opposite things. I can make children turn against everyone but I can also raise them to become kind people. Which is what I choose to do, you're welcome. I create opportunities for little people so they can discover the world. I create an environment where they don't feel threatened. I create an environment where they learn to be the BEST versions of themselves but also learn that being the best version doesn't mean being perfect. In my world, learning that the sky is blue is not just that. It means learning to differentiate blue and green. It means seeing the sky in all it's glory. Seeing the bugs, the birds, the clouds. Looking at the world doesn't just mean looking forwards. It means you look upwards, downwards, sideways, backwards, and occasionally, upside down too. It also means you know what to do with 15 kids who are hungry for everything, physically, emotionally, and mentally. There's no down time. There's no taking a break. You need to be 100% the whole time even if you don't want to anymore. You need to because 15 fragile human beings depend on you. You just have to.  It means you see the world in it's simplest, purest form because that's the only way your kids see them. But at the same exact time, it also means you see red flags. It means you can determine actual red flags and just personality quirks. It means you are able to provide extra support not just for your students but also their whole family. That's what I do.

For the 2nd one.. hmm...What do I do with my life?

I'm a TRIER. Is that even a word? I don't know. See, I even try words that I'm not sure exist. But yes, I try things. I'm a Jill of all trades. Master of none? Maybe. But I dabble on the most random, most unexpected, silliest, things. My spectrum of interest goes a long range from fashion to food to sports, to games, to photography, to books, to history, to math, to science. I try things because I'm hungry to learn. I'm desperate to find my place in the world so I look into every pathway in the journey. It's both a gift and a curse. A gift because I am able to easily adapt to things. I'm open minded and believe that everything deserves a chance to be tried out. If I find interest, I try it. If I end up liking it, then I keep doing it. If I don't, then I move on. Which makes it a curse. I don't easily develop strong connections to things (even people). I move on quite easy. If I find a hobby and it doesn't work for me, I don't give myself time to get better at it. I just move on to a different thing.

So yeah, I'm a trier. I don't know what to do with this trait yet. But in the mean time, I try to enjoy it. I'm in my mid-20's. That's what this is for, right? :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment