Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 3: Things That Make Me Feel Uncomfortable

Today's post calls for "things that make you uncomfortable". I almost had to skip this one because I really don't know what to write about. I think I'm just a very awkward person and I find it hard to point out what it is that makes me feel uncomfortable. Haha



So for a long while today, I tried to think of situations where I would feel really, really awkward and uncomfortable and you know how sometimes when you think about something, emotions suddenly feel very vivid? Yea..I thought  of one thing. It came to me that the most uncomfortable I am is when I have to do small talk. I am one of the very few people I know who feel more comfortable addressing a group (like in public speaking, debate, performing or bossing people around  giving directions in groups) than having to talk to 1 or 2 people I hardly know. 


For example:

**Me in the school hallway working on bulletin boards when somebody, usually a parent I don't really know, turns the corner and we catch each other's eyes.*

Me: *smiles* Hey. 
Person: "Hi."
(I really want it to end here but they're still walking towards me. I can't just turn the other way so...)
Me: "How are you?"
Person: "I'm good, how are you?"
Me: "I'm well, how are you?"
......cue awkward silence........

Ack.

I usually then crack a stupid joke and make fun of myself and then it makes the situation better. But not really.

And oh, some words also make me feel uncomfortable. Like "snooze". It's such a strange word. I feel like I never spell it right and it just always looks wrong to me. Just look at it: snooze. Snooze. SNOOZE. SNOOZE. Right? Anybody else feel that? No? Just me?








Day 1: Here
Day 2: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment