Friday, January 17, 2014

Subscription Haul: My January 2014 Ipsy (My Glam) Bag

Hey guys!

Today I wanted to show you what I received in my Ipsy Bag this month. Here are all of the products together:
[MORE AFTER THE BREAK]



How cute is this month's bag though?? I love the graphics on it. It's not necessarily to be used as a clutch but I think it's perfect for a small travel toiletries bag.


Products I got are:


Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask (1 fl.oz) - This is a really thick hair mask with a rather strong scent. I can't decide if I like it or not. I think it's the almond scent that kind of throws me off. Part of me thinks it smells good but the part of me is reminded of the smell of coconut and I really don't like that scent. I know a lot of people like this odor though. I am pretty excited about this product since I've been trying out hair masks just to bring hydration back to the ends of my hair. (Retail: $26 for 5.25 fl.oz)


Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion (.5oz) - This is just a facial moisturizer that feels very lightweight like the name suggests. It doesn't have an artificial scent which is quite nice. I'm intrigued with how well it will work since the ingredients are Moroccan Argan Oil which I love and I find to be very, very effective in moisturizing, Rosewater which is for evening out texture and skin tone and I've heard people raving about this stuff, and Shea Butter which is also known for its' moisturizing properties. I'm guessing that this trial size will be good for about 3-5 uses. (Retail: $21.99 for 1.7 oz



Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl (.7g) - This is a very creamy champagne nude eye pencil. I haven't tried it on my eyes yet but I've swatched it a couple of times on my hand and the lasting power is amazing! It didn't budge at all even after washing my had a few times. I like the product but I'm not very fond of the packaging. The tube and both top and bottom caps are made from plastic and feels very light and cheap. It doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart or anything like that but I'm just not a fan of the feel of it. See swatch with next product. (Retail: $14.99 for 1.5g)

EXCUSE THE SUPER DRY HANDS!!!!!
Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm (2.5g) - Love this one! I was surprised at how pigmented this one is. I only realized now as I'm writing this post that the Mica product I talked about my last Ipsy post was also a lip balm and I remember being really impressed about that one too. In my mind, I keep thinking that it's a lipstick. At first I thought that this was a full size but turns out, just a nicely sized trial. (Retail: $30 for 4g)


Proactiv Mark Fading Pads (4 individually packed towelettes) - I think I would enjoy this product better if we got more of it. I don't think 4 towelettes would be enough to see results but who knows. I'm keeping an open mind though. I've been in search of a product that works for my dark spots. I've never tried Proactive before and I've heard mixed reviews so fingers crossed it works for me!

I think I'm most excited about the lip balm, hair mask and the bag it came in. But honestly, I'm a little disappointed in this month's picks. I mean, the products are not so bad but I was just expecting it to be better since it's the first bag of the year. And also, I've gotten a sneak peek of what other things were available and I didn't get any of the ones that I was hoping to get. Again, it's not bad but it's not great either. 

Some of the products in the mix this month that I really wanted to get include sample of the Benefit POREfessional (which I've been dying to try!), Epice Exfoliant, Faith Aromatherapy Sugar Scrub, Marula Facial Oil, and the Skiin Soothing Eye Cream. These products sound so interesting to me and I think would fit my needs better. Oh well. I'm still happy that I subscribe to Ipsy though.

What did you think of this month's bag? Are you a subscriber? Did you like the ones you got?

If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, check it out here. I think it's a great service and I honestly think it's worth the money you pay.

Laters,

No comments:

Post a Comment