Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Favorites # 1


Spotlight on the 5 Best Products of the Week



DETAILS: [From bottom left to right, then up]



  • EOS ORIGINAL HAND LOTION ($1.99) - My staple purse lotion and definitely one of my favorites, ever! It's lightweight, non-greasy, fast-absorbing, and very moisturizing. It also does not have a strong scent which I know is important for some people.
  • ROSEBUD PERFUME CO. SMITH'S MENTHOL AND EUCALYPTUS BALM ($5.59) - I am very picky when it comes to lip balms. I almost exclusively only like ones that are menthol/ mint because they're the only ones that work for my dry, easily wind burned lips. This one has been my favorite the last few weeks because it's thick and moisturizing but not sticky. I usually prefer lip balms that are in tubes for hygiene reasons so it says a lot about this one in the jar that easily trumps all my other lip balms on rotation right now. (I really like Minted Rose and would recommend it, too!)
  • KIEHL'S MIDNIGHT RECOVERY CONCENTRATE ($46) & CLINIQUE DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURIZING LOTION ($26) used TOGETHER  - These two made the cut for this week's favorites list because just this week, I've found out that they work really, really, really well when combined. Yes, as in mixed together. The Clinique moisturizer has been one of my all time favorite moisturizers but I try to take it out of my skin care routine every few weeks because I find that my skin gets used to it and it doesn't work as well anymore. I use a different one and then bring it back again and find myself falling in love with it every time. The Kiehl's Oil though is a different story. It was already bordering disappointment for me. I've had this in my skin care routine last year but then stopped using it because I wasn't really seeing any results. I decided to bring this back again when winter came around and I find that it works okay to seal in moisture after applying my moisturizer at night. And then a few days ago, I tried mixing them together and BAM! It was amazing. I have normal-combination skin so I don't really need hardcore moisturizing in the morning. I only do this at nighttime. It looks greasy when first applied (it is oil, after all) but it's not sticky or too heavy. It absorbs into my skin overnight and I wake up to my face hydrated and soft. If you don't already own the Kiehl's Concentrate, there are all sorts of more inexpensive oils out there that basically do the same thing. However, I'm really happy that I found a use for this product that works for me and I would suggest you try it too if you're in the same boat. 
  • PHYSICIAN'S FORMULA PH MATCHMAKER BLUSH ($12.99) - I'm not quite sure if I'm buying the whole pH matching mumbo jumbo yet. Supposedly, products like this adjusts to your body's pH levels so it comes off looking natural. I haven't really seen it on other people to see the difference but I'm definitely loving this blush for everyday use. It's almost fool-proof and very easy to apply that I reach for it every time I need to put on a blusher and I don't have time to worry about blending too much. It's a very pretty soft pink color that looks very natural and perfect for everyday looks.
  • LORAC PRO PALETTE ($42) - This palette has definitely taken the (beauty) world by storm! I tried really hard to delay getting this but now I don't even know why. I'm glad I bit the bullet on this one. I am in love with all the shades, the pigmentation, how smooth it applies, how long lasting it is and how beautiful the palette is overall! A friend and I was just discussing this earlier and I've decided that if somebody (who's starting a makeup lineup) was to ask me what palette to get first, I would definitely recommend getting the Lorac Pro Palette. I may even go as far as saying that I would recommend it more than or before getting the original Naked Palette (which, for me, is also a must have in any makeup lover's collection!).
What do you think? Have you tried any of these before? Are there any products you'd recommend that you've been loving lately? Let me know! And PS, if you haven't already, follow me on Instagram! I've been posting a lot of girly makeup things. Come connect with me!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment