Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Destination Beauty: My Glam (Ipsy) March 2014 Bag


This may come a little late but I still wanted to share. I've been seeing different hauls and I feel like there were a lot of product combinations. I'm really happy with what I got and I'm excited to use them!

[MORE AFTER THE JUMP]




I'm not crazy about the bag itself. I like the design but that, combined with the material they used, it just feels and looks very, 'meh'. It would've worked out better if it was made with a different fabric.



Probably the item I'm happiest about is this BB Cream from Missha (Actually, it's a toss up between this and the next item!). This brand was the first BB Cream I have ever used and have remained on the top of my list. I was so happy when I found out that Missha was going to get featured in this month's bag! It gives very good coverage without feeling to heavy on the skin. If I'm not mistaken, during the time I was using the brand, they only had 3 color selections available and I had to mix two shades. I'm on the website now and they've expanded. Now they carry 5 shades so you're bound to find something that works for you. I highly recommend you try it out if you're in the market for a great BB Cream! 


The other item I'm royally excited about is this deluxe sized Marvelous Moxie Lipstick from BareMinerals in Get Ready. It's a beautiful rosy pink color and I'm in love with how rich and moisturizing it is. I have a Marvelous Moxie lip gloss and it's really the only lip gloss I would say I like. I'm not big on lip gloss so I feel indifferent to them in general but the Marvelous Moxie one, I really like. Ever since then, I've been wanting to try their lipsticks from the same line and it definitely did not disappoint! 


Another pleasant surprise from this month's bag is this Eyeshadow quad from Be A Bombshell in Bora Bora. Do you see how beautiful those colors are??? The brand has pretty much become a staple in every month's Ipsy collection and I've got to say that this is my favorite one yet. They're very nicely pigmented and the colors are oh, so beautiful! They're all metallic shades but they're not too bright. I haven't used them to make eye looks but I can tell that they're gonna be fun to play around with! For the kind of looks I go for, I would probably need a matte shade but this is still really nice to have in my collection.


Lastly is this Body Butter from Pacifica in Indian Coconut Nectar. I strongly dislike coconut smell so this one is not for me but I know a lot of people that do and if you're one of them, then you'd probably like this. I have tried Pacifica Body Butter in Tuscan Blood Orange from My Glam bag and I absolutely love it. It smells heavenly and is very moisturizing. It's not the typical texture of a body butter where it's thick and just sits on your skin for a while. It's very lightweight while still giving you the hydration you would expect from a body butter.

All in all, I love this month's bag. I highly recommend Ipsy/ My Glam if you're looking to try out a subscription service. For $10 a month, I have been generally happy with the products I get. Even if I end up not liking items from one month, it's still a great way to try out products that I would not necessarily pick up from the store.

You can check out Ipsy here. And if you're already a subscriber, I would love to see what you got in your bag this month!

Cheerio,

No comments:

Post a Comment