Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A-a-a-arm Party!!!

Hello, beautiful!

So remember that bracelet I'm wearing in my previous outfit post? That was from the Arm Swag Party hosted by Leonora from Yellow Heart Art and Ilene from Much Love, Illy. [side note: How cool is that? A blogger named Illy! Hers is a nickname by her boyfriend but I still thought it was super cool. I tweeted her about it and told her it's a sign that we should be friends. Lol For those of you who don't know, I have 3 first names - Mary Suerische ILLEE. I'm pretty sure our Illy(Illee)'s are pronounced the same way and it's not a name you come across with everyday. ;)] 

ANYHOO. Back to the..................


Basically, it's an exchange gift of awesome arm bling. You get paired up with another participant and boom! You got yourself a new friend and of course, a new bracelet. 

My partner is awesome momma Alli from Life On Leroy


When I got my mail from her, the first thing I noticed was she used The Incredibles stamps. That's when I knew she's ultra cool. We've exchanged a few emails the past month and I quickly learned I'm not mistaken. She's cool and super nice. We decided to do a Q&A type thingamajig so you can meet her too. Read on to learn more about this sweet chic and to see the pretty, pretty bracelet she sent me.


Tell us a little about your self:

Hey, hey my name is Alli and I blog over at Life on LeRoy.  I live in Wisconsin with my charming, energetic 3-year old Dayton, and my handsome, hardworking husband, Tony. We enjoy the simple things in life like snuggling, taking long walks, having random dance parties in our living room and tickle fights.  On my blog you'll find updates on our life, recipes, DIY's, photography, fashion and a "Life Lately" link up party every other Monday!! Stop by and say hello, I would LOVE to meet you! xoxo 

Why did you start a blog?

I started a blog because I really enjoy writing and taking pictures. I felt blogging was the perfect way to do that. I also have family and friends that live all over the country so I think it's a great way for them to keep in touch with us.  Blogging is a huge hobby of mine and it's something that I truly enjoy.  

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

As cliche as it sounds, my favorite thing about blogging is meeting new people. It's fascinating meeting people from all over the World through the blogging community.  I also love that I'm able to capture moments of my life in hopes that someday I can look back on them and see what I was doing during this time in my life.

Favorite summer memory so far:

My favorite summer memory so far is probably my brother's wedding in June.  It was something that my whole family looked forward to for so long and the entire day was a blast. Weddings are such a huge part of someone's life and I was so excited to be able to be a part of my brother's.   

If you had unlimited resources to go on your ultimate dream summer vacation, what would you choose to do?

I would go back to the mountains in Montana.  My hubs and I honeymooned there and fell in love with it!  It was the first time I had ever seen mountains and they were breathtaking.  I would spend time hiking, fishing, taking pictures and getting to know the locals ;)  A little cabin in the mountains = blissful!

What are you looking forward to the most this coming fall?

I am most looking forward to EVERYTHING about Fall! Fall is by far my favorite season of all.  I love the smells, the sounds, the tastes, apple orchards, pumpkin patches, cute Fall boots and scarves! I love it all.  I'm not a huge fan of this extreme heat we've been having so I will welcome Fall with open arms!

========================================

See? Isn't she lovely? Head on over to her blog and show her some love. Her blog is entertaining, insightful and her little boy is such a charmer! Such a good read, I promise. :)

And lastly, here's the bracelet she sent me. She got me this gorgeous mustard suede bracelet. I didn't get to shoot more outfit posts with it but I'm wearing it quite a lot. My whole summer's been all about the blues, yellows and oranges and this has been perfect for stacking my favorite summer arm swag pieces!



And.. in action...




Thank you so much, Alli. It was so nice getting to know you. :)


Talk to you later,
<3,
Mary



17 comments:

  1. Oh girl, you are too, too sweet to me! Thank you so much for all your kind words!!! We'll be in touch ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You're welcome, you deserve them! :)

      Delete
  2. you are so cute! i love the braided leather bracelet you got, and you styled it so well. yay for fun bloggy exchanges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! And YAY back at you! Never knew linky parties are so fun! (Does that spell out newbie our what? Lol) Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  3. super cute bracelets!! love the dress!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love all of them too. :)

      Delete
  4. love love love the braided leather bracelet! and alli, such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful bracelet for a beautiful lady and love the dress you wore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute!! and love the dress you are wearing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Hey there! Deanna from DeannasDeals.blogspot.com here! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Love yours, especially this post about meeting other bloggers! I've been doing that more lately and am absolutely loving it!

    How did you find out about this swap?!? I'd love to get involved if it's still going on! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey! This swap's done but I'll let you know if it happens again or I find another one. It's so much fun! I'm slowly coming out of my stalker shell and interacting with people a lot more. Blog hopping is so addicting! Lol So nice to meet you! :)

      Delete
  8. Love your arm party stack so cute!

    Jamie
    greyskysaturday.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors of your bracelets all together! And this was such a fun post! Great idea to do a q & a!!

    Much Love & Hugs,
    Maria-Isabel
    www.agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your interview was the best idea! Great way for us all to get to know Alli!

    ReplyDelete