Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Favorite Beauty Subscription: New Beauty TestTube July 2013

In my previous post, I shared what I got in my last Ipsy/ My Glam bag. I also took pictures for both my Beauty Box 5 and my previous TestTube(May 2013) but I got the latest TestTube on Monday so I decided to share that first.

Basically, New Beauty TestTube is a subscription box that comes 6 times a year (every 2 months). It used to be every season (4 times a year) but they recently changed it. It costs $29.99 a box plus shipping and handling so it costs me $39.99 every time. Yes, it is a lot more expensive than the other subscription boxes but it's really, really worth it. You get higher end products and for the most part, bigger samples and more full sized products. Some of my favorite brands that I got from previous boxes include Tarte, Bare Minerals, Simple, and NeoStrata.

I have been subscribed for a year now and so far, I have loved all my TestTubes. I have been highly satisfied with most of the products and I feel like I'm definitely getting more than my money's worth. AND, they always have bonus products! If you want to sign up for only one subscription box, this is definitely the way to go.

As I mentioned, I only got this 2 days ago so I haven't tried them out yet but if you're interested in finding more about a certain product, definitely let me know and I can do a demo/ review.

Anyhoo, on to the things I got:


MOROCCAN OIL BODY BUTTER (1.7 fl. oz) - I've been having a lot of dry patches on my legs lately so I'm very excited to try this out! It is not as scented as The Body Shop butters which is nice because sometimes, those scents can be too overwhelming. (Retail: $52 for 6.4 fl. oz.)


IT'S A 10 MIRACLE LEAVE-IN LITE (2 fl. oz) - I like how this is in a lite formula. Hopefully, that means that it doesn't feel heavy. I have very fine hair and I find that most products tend to weigh my hair down and leave my roots greasy. (Retail: $18 for 4 fl. oz)


PERLAGE ILLUMINATING PRIMER (.017 oz.)- I've never heard of this product or brand before but this is supposed to have light-diffusing particles to illuminate the face. It also has botanical extracts, vitamins and antioxidants so it works to help the skin deeper as well. (Retail: $19 for 2.0 fl.oz.)


ORLY NAIL LACQUER (0.6 fl. oz - full size) - This is the first polish product from TestTube. They've never included nail products in previous boxes but I think they're expanding the product range. I kind of wish I got a different color just because most of my nail polishes are red. 


PANTENE EXPERT COLLECTION SHAMPOO (3.9 fl. oz.) AND CONDITIONER (2.5 fl. oz) - I've never tried the expert collection line before but I've always been a fan of Pantene. Their products are not harsh, they smell good, doesn't break the bank and the formulations are pretty consistent. (Retail: Shampoo - $7.99 for 10.1 fl. oz; Conditioner - $7.99 for 8.4 fl. oz)


YBF (Your Best Friend) EYEBROW PENCIL IN UNIVERSAL TAUPE (FULL SIZE) - I only noticed after taking pictures that there is a spoolie brush on the other end of the pencil. I'm in the process of learning to do my eyebrows better so this is perfect! The color doesn't seem too harsh but gives just enough color pay off. (Retail: $12)


TARTE PURE MARACUJA OIL ROLLERBALL (0.6 fl. oz - FULL SIZE) - Oils have been all the rage lately and Marajuca oil is just one of the many kinds out in the market today. I've never tried it before but I find that oils are very hydrating without being heavy and sticky. This particular product is packaged in a small bottle with a rollerball so you can use it on your face to hydrate your skin, brighten dark eye circles and even fade out scars and discoloration. I've never tried to use straight up oil on my face before so this should be interesting. (Retail: $17)


LUMENE VITAMIN C + PURE RADIANCE NIGHT CREAM (0.5 fl. oz.) - I've been using the Lumene day cream for a few weeks now. I haven't noticed a big difference but I find that it's a good substitute for moisturizer + sunscreen now that it's summer time. I'm curious to see how the night cream will work out. (Retail: $19.99 for 1.7 fl. oz) Note: I got my Lumene Day Cream in this same sample size from CVS for under $5 but I'm not sure if the night cream is available too)


PHILOSOPHY PURITY MADE SIMPLE FACIAL CLEANSER (1 fl. oz) - Most people rave about Philosophy so I wanted to love previous products I've tried before but for some reason, they're just so-so to me. I'll try this one and see if that changes things. (Retail: $32 for 16 fl. oz.)


BONUS PRODUCTS:






Here are all the products all together:


Isn't it awesome? I can't wait to try out my new products! 

Also, when you sign up, you get a catalog of all the products including brand information, product ingredients and directions on how to use them; As well as a subscription to the New Beauty Magazine which is full of news and reviews and everything related to the latest and best beauty products. Bonus feature: You can view your magazine digitally on your tablet too!

What do you think? You can sign up for the TestTube here if you'd like. Sign up soon so you can get the next one! :)

PS. If you are interested in signing up, I have referral links to get you $5 off your first TestTube. Leave your email below if you'd like me to send you the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment