Monday, July 22, 2013

June 2013 Summer Favorites

Hey Beauties!

I know it's kind of late into the new month but I still wanted to share with you my favorites from June. I only have a few but these are things that I really, really enjoyed. 



First of is The Balm's Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer in medium (cheaper on Amazon*). I got a few The Balm products from Hautelook and I've got to say, they're sooo good!  I can't stand wearing anything heavy on my face for everyday. I usually stick to BB creams but for days when I need something even simpler, I turn to this. I just use my fingers to apply quickly and I'm good to go.  It's really moisturizing, light weight, has sun protection, and gives just the right amount of light coverage for a more even skin tone. 


Next is this Milani Illuminating Powder in 03 - Beauty's Touch. Along with the Balm Shelter, this has been my saving grace for real quick everyday looks. It's a multipurpose powder that you can use for highlighter, bronzer and blush. I don't get a lot of use off it as bronzer but it's definitely a great highlighter and blush in one. After applying the tinted moisturizer, I just use a powder brush to sweep this all over my face and then I use a blush brush and sweep on the pinks on the pan and apply on my cheeks. It gives a smooth, radiant glow that's perfect for the summer. The color is not too overwhelming and not too made up. It just gives a natural, healthy look.



Next is this old favorite, the Maybelline Great Lash Water Proof Mascara in Very Black (cheaper on Amazon*). This is one of the first mascaras I've ever used and even when I steer away, I always find myself coming back to it. It's perfect for these hot summer days because it really is waterproof. It stays on all day and I don't have to worry about having raccoon eyes midday. This is not a volumizing mascara so if you're going for that heavy fake lashes look then this is not for you. It's very natural looking and opens up my eyes for a more awake, brighter face look. I love that it's true to color. It is very black which is what I want in my mascara. It doesn't clump my eyelashes but separates them really nicely to really open my peepers.


And the last one for makeup favorites is this Mirabella Eyes and Face Primer that I got from one of my My Glam/ Ipsy bags. Like everybody else, I was at first skeptical about what primers can do. I have received different brands from my subscription boxes and also a lot of random samples and this is my favorite. It's clear out of the tube and is denser as opposed to very creamy primers. When you put it on, you can immediately tell that its's prepping your face for makeup real good. It feels very matifying and leaves your skin with a just powdered feel. It makes my makeup stay on for so much longer and my skin feeling matte throughout the day.


And then on to skin care favorites, first is my Suki Face Exfoliating Foaming cleanser (smaller quantity available on Amazon*). I got this from a New Beauty Test Tube and I absolutely love it! this is probably my most favorite thing from this month. I LOVE exfoliating my face. My skin is not very sensitive so I can take a little bit more aggressive scrubbing and I've been a long time fan of St. Ive's Apricot scrub. I don't do it everyday (and you shouldn't either!) but I really enjoy that fresh face feeling that you can only get from exfoliating.  I try to exfoliate about twice a week and I have so fallen in love with this Suki cleanser that I haven't used my St. Ives ever since I got this! After wetting my face, I use two fingers to scoop up a little bit from the jar. I rub my fingers together to activate the product and I then proceed to scrub my face. From a brown sugar like texture, it melts into a pretty smooth foam cleanser. I love, love, love the smell of it too! It has a fresh lemony scent which adds to feeling that my skin is really fresh and clean!



And lastly, I've been loving this Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer* in Aloe Fresh. Ever since I saw this featured in a magazine, I've been wanting to get it. Putting on lotion is probably my least favorite thing to do and I skip it most of the time. I can usually get away with it but my legs have been so dry that I can't ignore it any longer. Now, before you get too excited and if you're like me who took the "Spray and Go" label too seriously, it's not like the commercial! Haha I was kind of disappointed about that but it definitely is a lot easier than having to put on lotion the regular way. It's just like applying spray on sunscreen. You spray it on and then you have to rub it into your skin for a little bit. Good news though is that it absorbs super quickly so you don't feel greasy for very long. Spraying is so much more convenient too. It's not messy and is very moisturizing. There are other varieties available but I picked this one because of aloe's cooling properties. I figured that this is what's best for summer.


That's it for my June favorites! I can't believe that it's gonna be time to do July favorites pretty soon. I always feel like summers go by super quick but this one has been especially fast, I can't even process it! How's your summer going?

Did any of these products stand out to you? Have you tried any of them? What products have you been enjoying lately?

Talk to you later!

PS. Follow me on Instagram for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment