Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Take One Pass It On Remix Challenge

So, the genius that is Sarah from Sarah's Real Life came up with the Take One, Pass It On Outfit Remix Challenge. I've always thought wardrobe challenges are so much fun and I've been wanting to join in on a few since forever but a lot of them are a little bit too intimidating for a start up blogger (Do you hear me, 30x30 Remix? New Dress A Day (Reconstructed clothing)? You're too  intimidating! But I'll take you on one day, I promise, one day.) 

So anyway, for this challenge, you dress up for Day 1 like you normally would and then on day 2, you take an item from Day 1 and incorporate it in your Day 2 outfit. On Day 3, you take a different item from Day 2 and then incorporate it in your Day 3 outfit. Then on Day 4... you get the point, right? If you're still confused, my dear friend, read more about it here.


Fun, right? I decided I was gonna do it come February. And like many other things I do, it's a lot easier in the beginning when I'm all motivated and focused and then (insert a thousand excuses here) I stopped on Day 7. I lasted for one whole week. Good enough, right? Yep, I thought so.

BUUUUUUT since I find it to be so interesting, fun and challenging, I'm starting again next week. It's such a good way to help me use all the items in my closet and figure out the stuff that I will never use and therefore need to toss out.

Here, let me show you my Days 1-4. I'll post the rest next week.

Scarf: Pierre Bijoux ; Tank Top: Forever 21 ; Cardigan: J. Crew ; Necklace: Wet Seal 


Day 1 item to take: Loose Gray Top from Forever 21

Necklace, Rings and Belt: Aldo ; Knit Long Sleeves: Ross ; Tank Top: Forever21 ; Tights: Ross ; Shoes: Shoedazzle
Day 2 item to take: Knitted Black Long Sleeves from Ross

Scarf: AC Moore ;  Knit Long Sleeves: Ross ;  Bauble Necklace: Kissesories (available soon!) ; Pants: Verdict 
Day 3 item to take: Bauble Necklace from Kissesories (available soon!)

Bauble Necklace: Kissesories ; Thermal: Eddie Bauer ; Sweater: Iron Fist ; Pants: Forever 21; Boots: 15DollarStore
Such a good prompt for dressing up and for fashion posts, right? I'd be so glad if you'd join the challenge! If you share your pictures on Instagram/ Twitter, don't forget to use the hashtag #TakeOne so everybody can find your post/ pictures. Also, add me on both sites! My username is @hippiegypsy00(twitter and instagram) Let's be friends! I'd love to hear from you!

Here's Sarah's week 1 round up. Check it out!

And here are a few other bloggers doing the challenge:


Have a great rest of the weekend!!



2 comments:

  1. You did such a great job with the challenge! When I took it on, I was afraid of the way wearing a piece two days in a row would look. You can barely tell yours are repeats, they look so different in each look! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i stumbled upon TOPIO over on Scorching Style's blog. isn't it a fun new twist on style challenges?! thank you so much for the "visuals". in my mind, i was envisioning wearing the SAME thing over and over again with other pieces. had that been the case - one could get stinky real fast depending on what they chose to pass on.

    ReplyDelete