Monday, September 1, 2014

Best ELF Products (And What to Skip) - Face

Hey there!

This is part two of my ELF collection roundup where I tell you about the best ELF products and a couple of things to skip. If you're looking for eyes and lips products, then check out my previous post here and click here for my favorite ELF tools.

FACE

If ELF has got one thing right, it would be their blushes. Different ones, from different lines. 

Let's start with the newest ones, the Studio Blush Palettes ($6). These come in two sets, dark and light. Both are equally beautiful! Even the packaging is so slick and well-made that this palette is definitely more than a bargain. All the shades are so pigmented and I love the variety of colors!



However, if you would rather get individual blushes, I highly recommend the Studio Blushes ($3) as well. Berry Merry, Blushing Rose, and Pink Passion are my must-haves for everyday blushes and the shade Gotta Glow, is perfect for using as highlight. I have also heard a lot of people claim that it's a dupe for Nars' Albatross. 



 The Pressed Mineral Blush ($5) in Jet Setter is pretty awesome too. I know I'll be wearing it a lot this fall! 





The Baked Blush($3) in Passion Pink is worth a mention, too. The baked blushes don't have the best packaging, as you can see, mine broke. I have 3 of these guys and the same thing happened to all of them. This particular one though, is worth a try if you're looking for a glow-y blush/ highlighter. This actually reminds me of My Too Faced Sweethearts Blush in Candy Glow. I don't think it's a dupe but they just give off the same pretty sheen.



ELF also has a great selection of cream products like the Studio HD Blushes ($3). Now, don't say you didn't get warned but these guys are not for the faint of heart! They're crazy, and I mean CRAZY pigmented. It takes a while to get used to it. A tiny bit goes a long, long way and unless they dry out on you, you will not be able to finish a bottle in a lifetime! QUICK TIP: I like to use my small stipple brush for applying these guys. I pump the smallest amount possible on a paper towel (it stains the back of my hands so I don't do it there), and then I stipple it on my brush a little bit and remove the excess before I put it on my face. 




I'm sure you've heard about the St. Lucia blush/ bronzer powder combo as it became popular when it first came out. I wasn't the biggest fan of it but I really, really like this version in cream form ($3). The bronzer comes off a little too orange at first but it blends out really well. I have medium skin tone and I feel like this is the perfect subtle contour color for me.


Another cult classic is the Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal ($1). At just a dollar, this is a definite must try. It's a great cream highlight and again, just a little bit goes a long, long way!




The last two must-have things I want to mention for the face are the Tone Correcting Powder ($3) and the Mineral Infused Primer in Clear ($6). I don't think the powder necessarily does any correcting for me, but it definitely brightens my face. I especially like using it under my eyes to set my concealer. Meanwhile, I really like the primer as the texture reminds me a lot of my Smashbox photo finish primer. I am fond of primers with silicone texture as I find that it evens out my face's texture, and blurs my pores better. (Sorry I didn't get to snap a photo of the primer!)

And as for a product to skip, the Essential All Over Concealer Stick($1) was a total fail for me. It creases eve when set it with powder and the texture of it just doesn't seem right. It also feels too heavy on the face and I don't think it even gives good coverage. This one didn't work for me so I wouldn't recommend it. 


So there are all my product recommendations for the Face category. I know there's a lot but I really think that ELF has some great products that are worth trying out!

Recommendations for tools is up next! :)

See ya,

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for blogging on ELF products. I was wondering how well their products held up (since they are ridiculously affordable)! And now I not only know what products work well, which to pass on, but I know to wait until a huge sale comes along!!!!
    @northstar730 ~ Instagram & Twitter

    ReplyDelete