Thursday, April 4, 2013

PRODUCT RAVE: Pequi Oil Treatment by Couture Colour

Hey guys!

Today I just wanted to quickly rave and share with you a product that I absolutely love - The Pequi Oil Treatment by Couture Color


I received this little guy from my October My Glam Bag (read about what I got here). I only started using it in December. I have loved using it on my hair after I shower, just before my hair completely dries. I do a few drops on my palms and apply it to the ends of my hair and when it dries, it's a lot shinier and softer. I have been enjoying it so much on days when my hair feels extra limp and even included it in my February Favorites collection.

The reason I'm doing a separate post on it though is because I have fallen even more in love with this product when I brought it with me to my trip to Boston a couple of weeks ago. It was so cold and windy and on days like that, my outfit usually consists of scarves, chunky knitted sweaters, tights, and boots. Now, because of the wind and the friction from my scarf/ sweater, my hair gets more static and frizz than usual and at the end of the day, it's just one big tangled, rough mess! The first day we were there, I tried combing my hair to get rid of the tangles but that was a BIG mistake. I ended up pulling a lot of my hair off and afterwards, my hair just felt rough and dull. So the next day, I decided to apply the Pequi oil to my hair and then just worked it in before I brushed and I cannot tell you how much it helped!!

My hair was out of tangles in just a couple minutes and when I was done combing and brushing it, it was so shiny and smooth and soft! I was so glad I tried it out and now I've been using my Pequi oil more frequently now. It just helps manage my hair so well! 


I recommend it for everybody especially if you live in a place where it gets crazy cold and static-y. I know a lot of people are concerned that it'll make your scalp and hair oily but it definitely does not. Just make sure you don't apply the oil to your scalp and you'll be fine. Apply it on the ends of your hair, working your way to the middle part and just comb your fingers through to bring back the moisture and shine. Doing so will keep your hair healthy and will prevent breakage (read: SPLIT ENDS).


If you are interested, I found it the cheapest on Amazon here. They also carry it at Sephora but it costs a little more. I'm not sure if they have it in store. It is a little pricey but it lasts you for a really long time. It is definitely worth it. This .5 Fl. oz bottle lasted me til this month. I only use about 3-5 drops every time and  I am definitely repurchasing this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment