Monday, April 2, 2012

DIY: New Look For Old Bangles

Hey! I know it's been a while. On my last post, I said my very first tutorial was coming up. I had high hopes when I started the project - I took pictures of the steps and everything but unfortunately, the end product didn't turn out as grand as I thought. :( Oh well, maybe I'll try that project again next time.. I'm too frustrated with it for now. haha!


But anyway, have no fear! I've been looking forward to posting a tutorial so I've been crafting in all my free time (not that I get lots of those lately. Work has been kicking my ass) I have a couple of projects lined up and I decided to share with you this one first.

DRESS UP YOUR BANGLES






Oh what did you say? You have old bangles that you swore were pretty cool when you got them but now are just kinda lame? You heard that tribal prints are in this season?


Well, I have good news for you! Bring out your glue gun and let's give those babies a new look!


Here's what you need:




(1) ruler and cutting tool of choice; (2) glue gun; (3) old bangle(s); (4) tribal print fabric - or really, any fabric that you want to use

Let's get started!


Step 1: Cut a strip of your fabric, 1" wide


Step 2: Start gluing! Tip: Start on the inside of the bangle because the glue would probably be really messy and wouldn't look pretty. 


Step 3: Wrap the entire bangle as tightly as you can. You don't have to put glue on every round, just maybe every 2 or 3 to keep it secure. Tip: At the beginning, I suggest to wrap the fabric around itself 2-3 times before moving on to cover and secure the ends. 


Step 4: When you reach the end of your fabric, fold & glue the end about half an inch to make a hem before you glue it to the bangle. (Does that make sense?) This way, you get a cleaner finish. If you run out of fabric before you cover the whole bangle, that's okay. Just be sure to go around the ends of your first fabric so it's secure and the cover up is better - then go along as you did before.

Tadaaaah! New bangles for spring! Did I mention how much I love tribal prints? Well I do! I was so excited to hear how it's in for the season. I can't wait for all the colorful wardrobe and accessories as soon as the weather gets it together and people can start putting all their black and gray winter clothes away!



I'm giving myself a pat on the back for my first tutorial post ever. I hope you enjoyed this simple project!

Til next time,

<3,
 Mary 

No comments:

Post a Comment